“THE PILLARS OF HOPE”
The adopted name for the Evangelism Department at Mercy Seat Chapel, Gaithersburg, Maryland is “The Pillars of Hope”. The bible says” But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint”. (Isaiah40:31). The Bible also makes us understand that evangelism is the bedrock of Christianity, and soul winning is the heartbeat of God. As we learn from the scriptures, Our God does not want anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance (2 Pet 3: 9). He sent his son into the world to live a sinless life and die on the cross for us; (John 3:16) “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”.
The Evangelism Department is made up of a Spiritual Leader, The Head and the Assistant Head of Department, the Secretary and a team of very loving and dedicated members and volunteers.
To spread the good news of Hope and Salvation, with the view of winning many souls into the Kingdom of God
To emphasize the importance of soul winning in our church, and to encourage the participation of all church members in carrying out group and individual soul winning activities. The bible says “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.” (Prov. 11:30).
1. To expand our reach in touching and affecting the lives of many in our community, i.e. Gaithersburg, Rockville, Montgomery Village, Germantown, Frederick and beyond.
2. To effect numerical, spiritual growth and the overall strength of our church
1. One on One Evangelism (at malls and public places, as well as door to door campaigns)
2. Outdoor events and activities
3. Tracts, Flyers, Newsletters and Circulars
4. Dinner, Lunch and Breakfast events
5. Visitation to homeless shelters, group homes, nursing homes, correctional facilities etc…
6. To liaise with other groups (i.e. mercy for many, the follow up dept etc) to promote soul winning.
The bible says “Obedience is better than sacrifice” (1 Sam 5: 22), therefore as true Christians we are only too happy to obey our Lord Jesus Christ’s mandate to “…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to all creations.” (Mark 16:15).